From the A75 motorway
- 10 km from exit A42 at Sévérac-le-château
- 15 km from exit A40 at La Canourgue
- 2h from Montpellier and Clermont-Ferrand
- 45min from Mende by the D32 and the N88
- 15 min from the Millau Viaduc
- Station at Sévérac-le-château - Tel: 05 65 71 61 19
- Station at La Canourgue - Tel: 08 36 67 68 69
For more informations, meeting on www.sncf.fr
- 1 heure from Rodez Airport - Tel: 05 65 76 02 00
- 2h from Clermont-Ferrand
- 2h from Montpellier
For more informations, meeting on www.mappy.fr
© Compagnie Eiffage du Viaduc de Millau
Foster and partners - M. Jamme
(Click on the maps to enlarge)
Within the region
Within the departement
The settlement of Le Massegros is located in the south western corner of the Lozère, a region in the north of the Languedoc-Roussillon. The Lozère is an area of vast open spaces and mountains (the average altitude is 850m), and has a notably small population (73000 inhabitants live within a total area of 5169m2, meaning that there are only 14 people per square kilometre). Extremely rich in rivers, springs and sources, the waters of the Lozère feed into the great rivers of the Loire (Allier and Chapeauroux), the Garonne (Tarn, Lot and Truyère) and the Rhône (Gardon, Chassezac and Altier).
The Lozère is a region notable for the richness and diversity of its landscape: from the granite slopes and plateaux of the Aubrac, the Margaride and Mount Lozère, to the slaty hills of the Cévennes and the great limestone Causses, carved by the Tarn Gorges.
Le Massegros, which lies within the Causses regional park, enjoys a particularly pleasant climate, with hot, dry summers and cold, rainy winters.